BCNET Digital Media Challenge: Seeking Student Innovation
Call for Student Submissions – Deadline: April 04, 2011
You are invited to demonstrate your latest digital media work to a live audience at the BCNET Conference 2011, Unlock the Power of Information Technology, and have a chance to win up to $1,000!
Our Digital Media Challenge is a student competition designed to show the interaction of digital media with advanced digital infrastructure. We are looking for students in the arts, gaming, computer science or new media that can demonstrate leading-edge and creative digital media work that use very high-bandwidth networks.
Students are invited to submit their latest work (see competition rules). We are seeking leading-edge examples of digital media that utilize lots of network bandwidth including, but not limited to:
- Interactive animation and graphics
- Explorations in the arts
- Computer games
- Demonstrations/presentations in the performing arts
- Scientific visualizations: medical, astronomy, biology, bioinformatics
- Interactive data visualization
- Streaming rich media (demonstrate innovative ways to build and configure a network)